Local Businesses

Monday, April 13, 2009

Do you think I will get the sack?

I just started a job a month ago, which involves going into workplaces and giving a training course to the staff. I keep finding myself arriving at these places, and finding the managers weren't told the full facts about the course, even though they have signed and agreed for me to come and deliver the course.





I face these dilemmas where I arrive somewhere and start teaching, then people say, "we weren't told this and that when the course was sold to us...." etc.





I tried to tell the company, and they just say the customer has been told, and I am to sort it out and carry the agreement through.





If it was a one-off I would say the customer was being difficult, but the fact it happens on a regular basis makes me think the company is at fault.





Should I apologise to the customer and make the company look like they are at fault? Should I encourage the customer to complain to the company? Will I get sacked for this?





I just don't know which way to turn. Plz help, thanks.



My best advice is better prepare yourself and to always expect these concerns to be addressed by customers. Inform your company that there is an issue with the lack information that is being given out. You must communicate this issue with your company and show that you show interest in resolving the problem. As far as dealing with customers always be as diplomatic as possible and be careful in mentioning that the company you are representing is at fault. Offer contact numbers or email addresses where they can find solutions. Remember that if it happened once it would surely happen again. So your best bet is to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Business & Finance

Local Businesses