Local Businesses

Monday, April 13, 2009

Should I be a teacher or a nurse?

I can't decide whether I want to be a teacher or a nurse. If I go into nursing I want to work with children with cancer but I also have an interest in being a teacher. If I would be a teacher I want to teach elementary school. I really love both. Both are promising careers to get into both make pretty good money. Good Hours if planning on having children someday. I am a sophomore in high school and between these two careers.



There is a lot of security with being a nurse. The hours are very flexible and the pay is great. You would have much more flexibility with your schedule if you were a nurse, you can work nights, evenings, part-time or as needed. You set your own schedule. With being a teacher, you have about 2-3 months off in the summer and holidays, but your committed the rest of the time.





If you enjoy teaching, nursing involves teaching patients and family also. Consider a career as a school nurse.


Consider maybe teaching nursing once you have your BNS or MSN.





My mother is a teacher and I'm a nurse. I considered teaching children, but came out of college as a nurse. I started off nursing thinking I would like to work with children, but instead I work with senior citizens. I work a 2-3 nights a week @ $25 an hour. When I need more money, such as for travel, I pick up more shifts. Sometimes I will even pick up work with home health agencies. The important thing while you are in nursing school is to consider all fields and specialties then decide.




In the US, both fields are in extremely high demand. They are respected professions and a person who is dedicated can go far and have a satisfying career. This decision of course, will have to be yours to make. All I would like to say is that The medical and health care and health related industries are the fast growing industry in the world. Advancement and opportunities are beyond all horizons. My advise, speak to a counselor at an accredited nursing college. Make an appointment and have a heart to heart career talk. They'll be glad to speak to any enthusiastic student. Best of luck. ps: This is the time in your life when these things should be researched. You're going through the right thought processes and I believe you will go far in life. Go for it.




I am a teacher, it sucks, but the holidays are cool! And since your in the US (I am in the UK) you get more holidays than me!! Awesome, man I wish I was in the states!




I think teaching would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Business & Finance

Local Businesses