Local Businesses

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Any extensions for people with dual status for tax year 2008?

I figured out that I was on dual status last year since I left the country in between. Pub 519 does not talk about the applying for extension for dual status aliens(Chapter 6) It only mentions it for non-residents (only) and residents (only). Can anyone clarify if extension are available to dual-status aliens at all ? Thanks !





Anupam





P.S(I hope I am using the right version of pub519 - There is no new version for tax year 2008 and I have to use the 2007 version right?)



The 2008 issue has not been published. The laws haven't changed.





As for filing, you are to file 4868 by 4/15 if you are in the country, 6/15 if you now live and work outside the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Business & Finance

Local Businesses