Local Businesses

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Anyone who is a welder....?

I am taking welding this spring at college and just wanting to see if anyone who is a welder can give me some advice about getting into this field. How do I become the best at this profession? What are the ups and downs? Is this a good field to get into for the future? I am an older guy getting into it, does that matter? Thanks!



I went to school for welding amongst other things. to get good at it just do it. No matter how precise the plans are you will have to wing it. Jobs rise and fall with the economy but everybody wants to sit at a computer so you still should find a job. There will always be a demand for small scale one of a kind stuff or smaller manufacturing that would be difficult to do overseas. The downside is fumes and sparks and safety. The upside is there is good paying jobs. I wish I learned it out of high school as most of college is worthless bs. As for an older person you will bring life experience that someone out of HS does not have. Good luck as this was one of the better learning experiences.




well your learning a trade so you will keep that with you forever. Im not a welder but my dad is, has his own business doesnt make much money tho

No comments:

Post a Comment

Business & Finance

Local Businesses